We know lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer, intersex, asexual and gender non-conforming people have health needs that mean affirming care is often hard to find. At Sun River Health, you can feel safe to disclose as much of your identity as you feel comfortable with, without fear of judgment. Experienced and affirming providers and staff are here to meet your needs with respect and a focus on your best health and wellness.
Here’s a list of the types of services we offer with a special focus on the needs of our LGBTQIA+ patients:
- Pelvic wellness, including GYN care
- Chest/breast health and mammogram referrals
- Support letters for gender affirming surgeries
- No or low-cost care for undocumented people
- Lab services
- Connection to support Services
- Adult Day Health Care
- Other specialty services
- Trans and non-binary care, including gender affirmative hormone therapy (in-person or telemedicine)
- Lauren Forbus, FNP, AAHIVS – Sun River Health Hudson
- Steven Golinowski, DO – Sun River Health Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Jonathan Zellan, MD – Sun River Health Staten Island
- Paul De Guzman, MD – Sun River Health The Hub
- James Ho, MD – Sun River Health Matilda Raffa Cuomo
- Nancy Chez, NP – Sun River Health Inwood
- Sannitta Giwah, FNP – Sun River Health The Hub
“What I liked the most was the accessibility of the team; they answer any questions I have. The team was friendly, and the attention was amazing, and they are LGBTQ friendly”
—Sarah Sun River Health Southampton patient
Sun River welcomes all patients, regardless of whether they have insurance, documentation, or ability to pay. We welcome everyone.
In addition to providing quality care, we also want to make sure you have the information you need. Below are trusted organizations who offer resources that our LGBTQIA+ patients and their families may find helpful.
Support Services for Youth, Adults and Families
- Trevor Project
- Upper Hudson Valley Support Services [Hudson Valley LGBTQ Community Center]
- Westchester County Support Services [The LOFT]
- Yonkers Support Services for youth [Center Lane]
- Rockland County Support Services [CANDLE]
- Bronx Support Services [Destination Tomorrow]
- New York City Support Services [The Center]
- Staten Island Support Services [Pride Center]
- Brooklyn Support Services [Brooklyn Community Pride Center]
- Long Island Support Services [LICC-PFY]