Fulfill your desire for service at Sun River Health
For over twenty years, Sun River Health has hosted AmeriCorps Members who wish to serve their community by improving access to primary and preventive health services.
Members serve the health centers and surrounding communities of our organization, especially in areas of interest to the members and their educational and career aspirations.
What does AmeriCorps Projects at Sun River Health include?
AmeriCorps Projects at Sun River Health include the following:
- Research Initiatives: AmeriCorps Members may enroll patients in select research initiatives, providing opportunities for patients to become involved in the development of the future of health care.
- Health Education: AmeriCorps Members may serve independently or in tandem with staff educators to provide patients and community residents with information relating to a number of health topics, including diabetes and chronic disease self-management, the importance of cancer screenings, and more!
- Increasing Access: AmeriCorps Members may support Sun River Health’s mission of providing access to underserved communities by scheduling patient appointments or coordinating services or specialty care.
- Community Outreach: AmeriCorps Members help to uplift communities by promoting activities that celebrate the uniqueness of every individual we serve, including through cultural events, fitness programs, and community-oriented activities.
Becoming an AmeriCorps member and get your opportunity to serve your community
When you join the Sun River Health team by becoming an AmeriCorps member, you will be expected to:
- Commit to serving 1700 hours of service in 9-12 months (up to 10% can be earned through approved coursework)
- Receive a living allowance of $12,630
- Earn a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award of $5,815 upon successful completion of service (to be used toward student loans or future education programs)
The Sun River Health AmeriCorps Program provides:
- Health Insurance coverage for the duration of the service term
- Child Care, as eligible, for the duration of the service term
- Training and professional development opportunities covering a range of topics such as social determinants of health, disaster preparedness, CPR, and working with special populations