Medicaid, Child Health Plus, and Essential Plan Enrollment
Please note: important changes that may impact your health insurance are coming to New York Medicaid, Child Health Plus, and the Essential Plan.
In the near future, New York State will resume eligibility renewal requirements. This means you may need to renew your health insurance, and/or the health insurance of your family members.
Here are three things you can do to prepare now:
- Make sure the NY State of Health has your current mailing address, phone number, and email address so they can contact you about your health insurance.
- Call NY State of Health at 1-855-355-5777
- Log into your account at nystateofhealth.ny.gov
- Assemble your documents and personal information. This may include:
- Identification documents, which may include:
- State identification
- A valid passport
- Your social security number (if you have one)
- Proof of income
- Unemployment letter, if you are unemployed
- Check your mail
- The New York State of Health will mail you a letter about your coverage. This letter will also let you know if you need to complete a renewal form to see if you still qualify for Medicaid, Child Health Plus, or the Essential Plan coverage.
Please note that Sun River Health provides award-winning health care to all, regardless of insurance or citizenship status, or ability to pay.
Click the link above for more information from NYS on enrollment.