Food for life
Access to healthy and affordable food is critical to good health.
Feeding the need
Too many people in the neighborhoods we serve do not know where their next meal is coming from. Sun River Health is here to help. Many Sun River Health centers offer direct local pantry services where anyone who needs it can get healthy food for their tables. And, experts at our health centers can help you enroll in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). If you and your family are hungry, come to Sun River Health. We can help.
Food security for all
Sun River Health offers many food security programs and partnerships:
- Sun River Health food pantries at select locations
- A network of community food pantry partners
- Food delivery during pandemic
- Food stamp assistance
- Nutritionists on-call
- Genesis Program - nutrition for HIV or viral hepatitis
- Farm-fresh local produce through Peekskill Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) with the Glynwood partnership
- Healthy Food Programming (Peekskill and Yonkers) offer food pickups for seniors and patients
Committed to community
Access to affordable and nutritious food impacts health across our communities. Sun River Health is committed to providing healthy, low-cost (often free) food wherever it is needed.
"I'm a family nurse practitioner. I love treating patients. It's not just a job here, it's really improving people's lives. You go home and you sleep at night and you know that you've actually made a difference in someone's life. You can't you really can't beat that feeling.”
—Roberta, Family Nurse Practioner
- Sun River Health Yonkers
- Sun River Health Peekskill
CHASI Community Food Pantry, 2134 Richmond Terrace, Staten Island NY 10302 (operated by Community Health Action of Staten Island, a member of Sun River Health)
- Sun River Health ThriveBx (for LGBTQ-identified young people), 328 E 150th St, Bronx, NY 10451